Men
The information in this message may or may not be new to you. If you are new to the discussion, I invite you to read, learn and ask questions. If you are not new to the discussion I invite you to read and learn some more and ask questions. In either case NOW IS THE TIME to get involved.
The Mankind Project in the United States is at a crossroads. We, as an organization, have a decision to make. We can stay the way we are – with declining NWTA enrollments, with 80% of Men passing through the weekend NOT JOINING an I-Group, with a financial model seen to be unsustainable by everyone who looks at it, with an organizational structure that is known for the way it burns out its volunteers – or we can make the decision to move forward and transform ourselves into an organization which is truly capable of“changing the world, one man at a time.”
This is not a new understanding suddenly thrust upon us. In 2008, a Team of New Warrior Brothers, all MBAs from the Stanford University Business School, formed to study the issues. In February of 2009 the Stanford ACT I Team presented their conclusions (click here for their presentation) to the Center Council at its International Business Meeting. In February of 2010 the Stanford ACT II Team presented its findings (click here for PDF, login required--use warrior login username and password) which reinforced the earlier conclusions and recommended a way forward. You can view a video of both presentations by going to the New Warrior Circle and clicking on “Stanford ACT” in the left hand column or by following this link: http://newwarriorcircle.mkp. org/stanford. The Center Council overwhelmingly endorsed the recommendations of bothACT I and ACT II.
The MKP-USA Structure Committee was formed earlier this year and charged with looking at the best way to implement the ACT I and II recommendations. (In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a member of this committee.) the Structure Committee presented a draft Consolidation “Straw-man” proposal (click here to view) to the Center Council at its meeting last month. Brooks Harrelson represented MKPNE at this meeting in my absence. I invite you to give Brooks a call to get his reactions.
A motion was made and approved at the last MKPNE Governing Council meeting that “The MKPNE Council directs the Center Director to create a ‘Due Diligence’ Team made up of 5 Men, only two of which can be currently serving on the Council, to be ready to review the details and implications of the MKP-USA Consolidation Straw-man with the intention of making recommendations, when appropriate, to the MKPNE Council regarding how to proceed.” The make-up of this team has not yet been determined.
MKP is at a crossroads and we have some decisions to make. I invite you to read the [linked] documents, watch the video and ask questions. NOW IS THE TIME to engage in these important issues.
Blessings
Mike
Mike Elser
Center Director
MKP New England
Charter Lifetime Member MKP-USA
603-373-8018 Home/Office
860-985-0013 Cell
603-373-8025 FAX
No comments:
Post a Comment